Thursday, September 5, 2024

HOW HARD DO I SEARCH?

Today's reading: Psalm 105-107

"Search for the Lord and for his strength, and keep on searching." Psalm 105:4 NLT

I'll tell you, this verse has convicted me. It has made me pause. It's given me reason to sit and think.

You see, I don't search for the Lord.

There, I said it.

I don't search for the Lord.

Not in an active sense, that is.

I notice Him in the sunrises and sunsets.

I acknowledge Him in the answered prayers.

I refer to Him when I evade a wreck or a fall by the skin of my teeth.

I expect Him to show up in church.

But search for Him? Look for Him? Make an effort to find where He is and join Him there?

Sadly, no. I don't put forth the effort.

I don't go the extra mile.

I don't hunger and thirst enough for Him to go above and beyond in order to be in His presence.

But I'm going to start!

I'm going to begin putting in some sweat equity in my walk with the Lord. I'm going to start going after Him in hot pursuit. I'm going to seek Him until I find Him--not just take the easy route and let Him show up where He will.

What about you? How much effort do you put into searching for the Lord?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive