Sunday, April 28, 2024

 SMELL OF GRACE

Today's reading: 2 Corinthians 1-3

"To those who are perishing we are a fearful smell of death and doom. But to those who are being saved, we are a life giving perfume." 2 Corinthians 2:16 NLT

One of the last bits of my morning routine is a quick spritz of perfume.

Red Door by Elizabeth Arden has been my go-to for several years. Most often it's a gift wrapped under the Christmas tree from my handsome husband. I've had many compliments on the fragrance. 

This morning, however, as I apply my scent before heading out the door to church, I'm going to pause and pray it's more than a lovely smell, but that it is the scent of life to those needing to be saved.

I want the fragrance of God's grace to so perfume my life that others ask about the scent.

I want my merciful and grace-filled life to cause others to ask about my hope.

I don't know what fragrance you choose--maybe yours is Chanel No.5, Happy or Oscar. I don't know how much you pay to smell good--there is quite a range of prices. I don't know how often you re-apply your perfume throughout the day. I don't know if you're the kind of person who likes the faintest of fragrance or the billowing cloud of scent. 

I pray the fragrance you choose to use is always outdone by the scent of God in your life! For your sake, but more importantly for the sake of those lives you might reach for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive