Friday, October 9, 2026

 SOMETIMES IT IS ABOUT YOU

Today's reading: Numbers 33-36

"While they were camped near the Jordan River on the plains of Moab opposite Jericho, the Lord said to Moses, Give the following instructions to the people of Israel: When YOU cross the Jordan River into the land of Canaan, YOU must drive out all the people living there. YOU must destroy all their carved and molten images and demolish all their pagan shrines. Take possession of the land and settle in it, because I have given it to you to occupy. YOU must distribute the land among the clans by sacred lot and in proportion to their size...But if YOU fail to drive out the people who live in the land, those who remain will be like splinters in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will harass you in the land where you live. And I will do to YOU what I had planned to do to them." Numbers 33:50-56 NLT

I cannot tell you the number of sermons, blog posts and devotions I have read about the Christian walk 'not being about you'.

While it's true. It's ALL about Christ and what He has done for us.

There is some measure of our faith walks that are entirely up to us.

Comparable to God's instructions to the Israelites as they entered the new land.

I added emphasis to the times God placed responsibility solely in to the hands of His people--and what would happen if they didn't do their part.

Are we doing our part in our faith walks?

Are we digging in, bowing down, seeking out, sharing, loving, forgiving?

Or do we sit on the pew, or at the computer screen, expecting the Lord to pour His blessings upon us while we wait? Are we assuming the pastor will do the dirty work, then we swoop in on Sundays to collect the benefits of his efforts? Are we believing a prayer entitles us to sit and soak instead of receive and invest?

Sometimes, in this walk towards heaven, it is about us--what we're doing, or, what we're not!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive