Tuesday, August 25, 2026

WHAT SHOULD HE DO WITH US?

Today's reading: Hosea 1-7

"O Israel and Judah, what should I do with you? asks the Lord. For your love vanishes like the morning mist and disappears like dew in the sunlight." Hosea 6:4 NLT

In the Bible book that's written more like a soap opera than a Hallmark movie, we find God talking to the nations of Israel and Judah.

He knows the countries like He knows the back of His glorious hand.

He has grown them from one man to a nation. He has secured land that was not theirs but now has been given to them for eternity. He has loved them to extremes.

And still their hearts wander away from Him.

Their love for God 'vanishes like the morning mist and disappears like dew in the sunlight.'

What will I do with you? the Lord asks Himself.

I see myself in Israel's actions and I hear the Lord asking the same thing of me...

What will I do with you, Malinda?

When your will stands defiantly against what I ask of you?

When your wandering eyes lead you off the path that I have carved out for you to walk?

When the idols of the world catch your attention?

When you become impatient waiting on me to answer your prayers and you take matters into your own hands?

When you feel I am not enough and you bow again at the altars that left you bruised, lacking and without hope?

When the enemy places doubts in your mind about my faithfulness, my love and my abilities?

Just what will I do with you, Malinda?

Praise God--He will do with me just what He did with Israel, just what Hosea did with Gomer, He will lovingly take me back. He will walk with me through the consequences of my poor choices. He will restore my soul and re-focus my attention on Him.

What will He do with me? He will love me back to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive