Wednesday, July 22, 2026

GIVEN EVERYTHING

Today's reading: Luke 21-22

"While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people putting their gifts into the collection box. Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two pennies. I assure you, he said, this poor woman has given more than all the rest of them. For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has." Luke 21:1-4 NLT 

This same portion of Scripture was used one night last week during our church's Vacation Bible School.

I vividly recall one small child coming up to me after the lesson discussion and asking me, Did that little old lady really give all that she had? 

When I told this little student that she indeed gave everything, she walked away satisfied with the answer--but I could also see the wheels of her little mind turning.

Was she, like me, thinking over how greedy she is in regards to all the blessings God has given to me?

Was she, like me, considering an earlier opportunity to share that was squandered?

Was she, like me, convicted of all the times I, I mean she, was hesitant to give afraid God wouldn't/couldn't provide again?

Was she, like me, attempting to find a loophole in what God might have been asking her to do in regards to all she had?

Was she, like me, changed from the inside out by this poor woman's generosity?

What about you--are you keeping all God has given you, or looking for ways to share it for His glory?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive