Saturday, July 6, 2024

THE DIFFERENCE

Today's reading: Ezekiel 19-24

"Your priests have violated my laws and defiled my holy things. To them there is no difference between what is holy and what is not. And they do not teach my people the difference between what is ceremonially clean and unclean. They disregard my Sabbath days so that my holy name is greatly dishonored among them." Ezekiel 22:26 NLT

While one might quickly copy and paste this in a note to your pastor, wait a minute.

Pause long enough to remember what 1 Peter 2:9 says, we (those of us saved by the grace of God) are a royal priesthood, a chosen generation, a holy people.

So, fellow priest, what are we showing the world?

Are we living out God's commands?

Are we considering holy what God considers holy?

Are we honoring the Sabbath as He has instructed?

Are we living clean lives in a very dirty world?

I challenge myself, and you, to make sure that we are making a difference in our lives. That we choose to stand out. That we make the choice to live as the salt and light He has ordained us to be.

Be the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive