Wednesday, August 14, 2024

CRYING OUT TO GOD

Today's reading: 1 Chronicles 5-9

"They waged war against the Hagrites, the Jeturites, the Naphishites, and the Nobadites. They cried out to God during the battle, and he answered their prayer because they trusted in him. So the Hagrites and all their allies were defeated." 1 Chronicles 5:20 NLT

The notes in my Bible say this, regarding today's verses...

'The armies of Reuben, Gad and Manasseh succeeded in battle because they trusted God. Although they had instinct and skill as soldiers, they prayed and sought God's direction. These natural and developed abilities God gives us are meant to be used for him, but should never replace our dependence on him.'

As I think over the various skills God has given me, I am convicted by how many times I trust the ability, or worse yet, my ability to harness my ability.

I've placed myself into some pickles. I've messed up some seemingly simple tasks. I've overstepped and have fallen flat on my face. 

I've embarrassed myself by my pride. I've stolen the spotlight from God in my attempt to feed my ego. I've sprained my arm patting myself on the back.

I've tarnished the beauty of other Christians by my attempts to 'do it myself'.

So my prayer, for myself, is this...

My overly creative and loving Father, thank you for all the things you have allowed me to do with this mind and body You have given me. Let me learn to lean into You for instruction on how, when and where to utilize my strengths. Instruct me in walking out this life You have given me. Allow me the honor of using every bit of everything You have provided me to honor You. Let any glory fall on You. Let any praise be heaped before Your throne. Be seen in all I am led to do for You. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive