Monday, June 17, 2024

 LOVE ME MORE THAN...

Today's reading: Luke 13-14


"Great crowds were following Jesus. He turned around and said to them, If you want to be my followers you must love me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, more than your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be my disciple." Luke 14:25-26 NLT

I truly believe this is a portion of Scripture that we each need to personalize in order that we truly understand what following Jesus will look like for us.

How would you fill in the blank of the following sentence:

If you want to be My followers you much love me more than ______.

What would fill in your blank? Who might you be loving more than Jesus? What might be taking His place in your life? What is getting more of your attention than Him?

I cannot answer for you, and you cannot answer for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive