Tuesday, February 9, 2016

MY LIST
Today's reading: Judges 7-11

"The Lord replied, Did I not rescue you from the Egyptians, the Amorites, the Ammonites, the Philistines, the Sidonians, the Amalekites, and the Maonites? When they oppressed you, you cried out to me and I rescued you." Judges 10:11-12 NLT

Ever needed a list like the ones God gave the Israelites? A compilation of all that He has done? A black and white account of His track record? A visual reminder of His love for you?

Ever needed to be reminded of where He brought you from? What He saved you from? What He purchased you for?

Ever needed to look back over all He's done in order to square your shoulders for the next attack by satan? As an encouraging cheer to continue? As a bolstering of your faith?

Ever needed Him to simply state...

Dear child, here's all I've done for you--Look long and hard over the list. Remember clearly what all I have rescued you from. Do not think for a moment that My power has weakened, My love for you grown cold, My plans for you wavered, My commitment to you faltered, My abilities been bound by anything you are going through now, My promises been made null and void by time, My reward for you tarnished by any enemy. I am still on your side. The fight is still in Me. I am still your only hope!

I am looking over my list this morning. I am being renewed and revived by His love for me. I'm going out into this dark, hostile world to make a difference for Him--and I know He is going with me. He always has, He always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive