Tuesday, February 9, 2016

ISRAEL: T-6 DAYS

I have two things left to throw in my backpack/luggage for Monday's trip: my Kindle, for keeping you all informed and cash.

I have checked and double-checked the placement of my passport almost as many times as I've packed, rolled, unrolled and re-packed each of my pieces of baggage.

To think I will be walking in the very towns where Jesus ministered and spoke.

To think I will be seeing some of the same landscapes He might have gazed upon.

To think I will be touching some of the same stones He may have touched.

To think I will be allowed to pray in the same garden He spent His last few hours praying in.

To think I'll see the Bible places in a new and exciting way.

I'm overwhelmed--and I've yet to sit down on the first plane!

I cannot wait to share what I see/hear/touch/taste/learn. I've asked God to make me like a sponge, able to soak up every single thing I come in contact with.

What gives me goosebumps this evening though? He is as close to me here as He will be there. Time and place are not boundaries He abides by. My heart is as holy a land as Israel, just for different reasons...no the same reasons, as I am His child, His prized possession.

Have I told you how very excited I am to be going???!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive