Thursday, April 25, 2024

 CALL OUT TO ME

Today's reading: Psalm 48-50

"Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory." Psalm 50:15 NLT

"And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me." Psalm 50:15 KJV

Trust is a hard word to wrap one's head around.

It's one of those words that is going to vary in how it is applied to each believer's life and situation.

Trust comes in varying degrees of need, different levels of effort and continual refocusing of the task.

But 'calling upon' the Lord? That sounds a little more precise. A little more definitive. A little more specific in its requirements.

Strong's concordance defines 'call upon me' as the following:

To call, call out, recite, read, cry out, proclaim.

We can all do that!

We can speak God's name. We can cry out God's name. We can recite Bible verses He has given us to remind us of His attributes and abilities. We can read His Word for comfort, for direction, for peace. We can cry out to Him in pain, in doubt, in fear and in worship. We can proclaim how wonderful His name truly is--when He answers and while we wait for Him to answer.

So, what are you doing during your times of trouble?

Me? I'm going to call out to God!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive