Saturday, May 26, 2018

FRAGRANCE
Today's reading: 2 Corinthians 1-3

"Our lives are a fragrance presented by Christ to God. But this fragrance is perceived differently by those being saved and by those perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:15 NLT

Fragrance-a sweet or delicate odor; something compounded to give off a sweet or pleasant odor; the quality or state of having a sweet odor.

The honeysuckle are in bloom where I live.

While tooling around on my scooter, driving with the windows down, walking in the pasture or sitting on the front stop eating breakfast I smell them.

I love the smell. The odor of early summer. The sweet fragrance of the country. The whiff of rural roads.

Others don't like it. At all.

I've heard folks say it's sickly sweet, it's noxious, it's too overpowering.

Honeysuckle is what I think of when I read today's verse.

Living the Christ-like life will be loved by some, hated by others.

We will overwhelm the unsaved with too much Jesus at times.

We will lightly scent their day with kind words, no words or words only uttered to God.

We will give off a sickly smell on the days when our old man takes over.

We will administer smelling salts with calm, peaceful or joy-filled words when we don't even notice it.

We give off a scent--will it be liked by the world we're called to minister to?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive