Saturday, February 6, 2016

BRING THEM HERE
Today`s reading: Matthew 14-16

``Bring them here, he said.`` Matthew 14:18 NLT

I`ll set the scene...

The crowds were gathered. The disciples were nervous. Everyone was hungry.

We know how it eventually ends, the little boy`s lunch blessed by Jesus fed the multitude, but this morning my eyes are on the disciples and how very much I am like them. And not in a good way.

The problem loomed ahead of them. Big. Impossible. A common need needing fulfilled.

They were wringing their hands in worry. They were fretting over what to do. They were pacing the ground. They were arguing among themselves as they brainstormed. They were attempting to ask themselves, What would Jesus have us do? They were, down deep, wanting to impress.

And Jesus` response?

Bring them to me, He said.

He tells me that often. About heartaches. About problems. About people who I am ready to wash my hands of. About souls I`m wanting to see saved. About burdens weighing heavy on my heart.

Bring them to me.

And when I do, and when they did--miracles happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive