LAZINESS
Today's reading: Proverbs 17-18
"A lazy person is as bad as someone who destroys things." Proverbs 18:9 NLT
I have to admit, this proverb, or wise saying, is a hard one to swallow.
Solomon has penned the words, but the Holy Spirit caused me to pause and consider the meaning behind the verse.
It's a verse that works to examine one's self. It, if applied correctly, allows a personal audit of habits and practices. It is a starting point for a personal inventory.
What am I putting off, and in turn destroying?
My health?
Tending to my home?
Friendships that I have let wither away?
Projects that I continually put off?
Or might it be reaching out to those lost in sin?
My laziness might very well be causing destruction in those areas.
Destruction that I cannot repair, that time cannot fix, that eternity will denote to my laziness.
No comments:
Post a Comment