Thursday, March 28, 2024

 BLUE SKIES

Today's reading: Psalm 36-38

"Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds." Psalm 36:5 NLT

There is nothing as beautiful as spring skies.

A shade of blue that is unmatched by any Crayola crayon dotted with varying sizes and shapes of cotton white clouds--wispy, fluffy, pillowy.

The kid in me wants to throw a blanket on the ground and spend some time lying there contemplating.

Like I used to when 'the small things caught my eye'.

When I 'had the time'.

When it didn't take as much to 'amaze' me.

This particular psalm was written by David.

I don't think he penned these words when he was the powerful king.

I don't believe he wrote these words when he was the strong warrior.

I think he wrote them when he was a shepherd boy.

A shepherd boy out in the field with his flocks.

Out away from distractions, discussions and discouragements.

Why do I think that? Well, it's because this single verse took me to that exact place.

When I sat in this verse, when I let it's words soak into my heart, when I chose to slow down and listen--I, too, was focused on the unfailing love and faithfulness of the Lord.

Not on my list of prayer needs.

Not on the status of the world around me.

Not on the many ways I have let the Lord down in my faith walk.

But that His love and faithfulness are vast enough that they reach from the clouds to me!

Notice the clouds today--and recall the immensity of this verse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive