Sunday, July 3, 2022

 FAILING FORWARD

Today's reading: Philippians 3-4

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working towards that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be." Philippians 3:12-13 NLT

I heard a new term this week and these verses surround it with biblical instruction.

The term is 'fail forward'.

It's the term used to speak encouragement to yourself when you've failed, and we all have--or will, that let's you know you haven't fallen back to the beginning of your efforts.

It's making a mistake from which you learn.

It's messing up, but not messing up as badly as you once did.

It's three steps forward and only one step back--but still pointed in the right direction.

It's something we as Christians need to be constantly doing. Because we're going to mess up our Christian walks. We're going to slip up and sin. We're going to screw up royally. But if we're 'failing forward', we're still headed in the right direction--to the foot of the Cross!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive