Monday, November 20, 2017

MOVING IN
Today's reading: Deuteronomy 16-19

"The Lord your God will soon destroy the nations whose land he is giving you, and you will displace them and settle into their towns and homes." Deuteronomy 19:1 NLT

I won't speak for you, but here is what I have seen happen in my own life...

My enemy has had the audacity to occupy parts of my life that he has absolutely no right to occupy.

He has the tendency to step in to parts of my head.

He plants seeds in my thoughts.

He digs up buried, and forgiven, sins of my past.

He lies to me.

He leads me to believe I am not enough, I am not able, I am not worthy of God's love.

This verse tells me, as the Lord told the Israelites as they approached the Promised Land, what I'm giving you is yours--no one else's.

So I'm taking me, my thoughts, my heart, my head, over--relieving satan of the duties he had been performing.

I'm displacing him and moving in!

I'm going to allow God's Word, God's promises, God's truths and God's love to live in the secret rooms satan has been staying in.

I'm asking God to remove all evidence of this former inhabitant and make Himself right at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive