Monday, February 22, 2016

`And Jesus went into the temple of God, and cast out all them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves.` Matthew 21:12 KJV

We met some `salesmen` whom I believe Jesus would have `overthrown` yesterday. Pushy. Loud. Sure you needed what they had to sell. Wanting very much of our American dollars.

They weren`t in the temple area, in Bethlehem actually, but that verse came to life for me in that moment.

Today we are going to the Tomb, the Garden and the place of the Cross. Probably my most anticipated sites.

I don`t expect anything to be there, except people--lots of people, and I am sure a few gift shops.

What I mean is that while I expect to sense God in those places, His Son is not there. I see it like visiting the cemetary plot of a believing loved one.

It is a special place, it has special rocks, something of significance happened there--but the person you seek won`t be found there.

I don`t have to go to the Tomb, He has already chosen to meet with me this morning during my Bible and prayer time.

He has gone before me, behind me, beside me and in me throughout this trip, and my life, and I believe He will continue.

We will fly out this evening (Israel time) around 11:00pm. We will land in Newark around 3:30am (New York time) and in St Louis on Wednesday morning around 9:30am (St Louis time). Keep us in prayer as we will be going at a full pace today.

I have been so blessed to have met this new family of mine and am delighted at how well we have all gotten along, fellowshipped and experienced this amazing time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive