Monday, May 10, 2010

Red Peonies

RED PEONIES
Today's reading: 2 Corinthians 9-10

They remembered! I am thrilled to announce: They remembered! Mother's Day has arrived, and my guys have given me one of the nicest gifts I could ask for.

Not chocolate for the hips!

Not an arrangement that might last a week, then wilt!

Not a t-shirt that says, World's Greatest Mom!

Not a large bottle of perfume from the Dollar Tree that folks smell before they see me!

My fellas got me two huge red peony bushes--just what I've ALWAYS wanted!

'Thank you' seems so inadequate. Hugs don't convey my excitement. Kisses, for the 9 year-old, are offensive. Squeals of delight are wasted on the more manly among us.

I've gone to the front door and looked at my planted beauties probably 10 times since they planted them. I've picked up the tags from the bushes on several occasions and thought longingly of next spring when I can pick my first bouquet.

Words cannot express how much I appreciate getting my red peonies, because my guys know the reason for my fondness--they remind me of my grandma! If I can have red peonies like she did, then, well, I'm at least a little like her. If not by my actions, kindness, patience, faith or love they'll associate me as one of hers, then at least they can say--Mary's granddaughter has red peonies, just like Mary did.

Another gift I've received that I cannot express enough gratitude for...

"Thank God for his Son--a gift too wonderful for words!" 2 Corinthians 9:15
Do I hear an ‘Amen’?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive