Monday, April 15, 2024

 WHERE IS JESUS IN YOUR PARADE?

Today's reading: Mark 11-12

"He was in the center of the procession, and the crowds all around him were shouting, Praise God! Bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord!" Mark 11:9 NLT

Our little town hosts three parades each year.

The first, in early summer. The second, to celebrate football season for our local high school. The third, the first Tuesday after Thanksgiving to light up the town with Christmas lights.

Each of the parades has a Grand Marshall selected to 'star' in the parade.

This special guest gets to ride in a convertible festooned with signage stating who he/she is.

When I read this morning's portion of Scripture, I was deeply convicted about how too often I am the center of my self-orchestrated parades, not Jesus.

I want the attention.

I want the accolades.

I want the focus to be on me--my accomplishments, my emotions, my needs, my wants.

I am aware of my tendency to push Jesus out of the way so the spotlight can be on me.

Shame on me.

What's it going to take to change my ways? Well, prayer. And a heart change that only God can do. And being intentional--making sure to step aside for God's glory to be revealed instead of my own.

What about you? Who is at the center of your parade?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive