Thursday, July 8, 2010

WATCHING WHAT I SAY
Today's reading: Proverbs 10

Ever been in a situation where your feelings were hurt, all you'd done was critiqued and the small you wanting to do your best and accomplish big things for the Lord was bruised--by someone else's words?

That's where I am. And to tell you the truth, it's not where I want to be!

Bitter words. Unnecessary words. Critical words. Sharply spoken words.

What will I do with them? Will I allow them to fester in my heart and mind, infecting my attitude? Will I chew on them a while, store them away and when a most inopportune time arises, spew them back out--on the wrong person?

Or will I pray about it? Let go of it? Refuse to retaliate or react in an ugly fashion? Will I allow the ugliness those words caused make me monitor even more closely what comes out of my own mouth?

"The words of the godly are like sterling silver..." Proverbs 10:20 NLT

I, with the cutting remarks still playing in my mind, desperately want to speak in a godly way. I want my words to be precious trinkets of sterling silver--not rusted iron.

1 comment:

  1. Through prayer if the Lord wants you to use any or part of the words that were spoken to refine your silver then allow him to make the silver shinier so it reflects more of HIM! But if not, forgive that person and then just pray for them. My encouraging words are to keep on keeping on! You are blessing & challenging people's lives through your sharing in your blog and speaking were invited. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive